G5 sleep problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I am experiencing the dreaded sleep problem wich plagues all powermac g5's. What is apple doing do fix this issue? Any recommendations? I have the latest firmware update.

I

ibmac'n

Texasmeat said:
I am experiencing the dreaded sleep problem wich plagues all powermac g5's. What is apple doing do fix this issue? Any recommendations? I have the latest firmware update.

I have a PM G5 that does not have this problem. What problems are you refering to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Mod note: Edited profanity out of title.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I have a PowerMac G5 as well, and I don't have any sleep problems to my knowledge.

Can you be more specific?

OP
Texasmeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

Well, when the computer goes to sleep, it wont wake back up. The display turns on and all but the desktop wont return and basically the only thing that wakes it from sleep is a reboot.

OP
Texasmeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

Texasmeat said:
Well, when the computer goes to sleep, it wont wake back up. The display turns on and all but the desktop wont return and basically the only thing that wakes it from sleep is a reboot.
As far as the profanity, I was under the impression that we were on a cable tv standard for profanity etc. If not, I appologize.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No problem. We're more of a "G" rated profanity standard since we have people of all ages and backgrounds. ;)

Reaction score
Texasmeat said:

Every now and then i have the same problem. Usually when it is sleeping just hitting a key or clicking the mouse will bring it out of sleep, but now and then it doesn't. I have found that if you just lightly and quickly press the power button it comes out of sleep without having to do a reboot. Might give that a try next time and see if it works for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I found this suggestion after a brief search on the Apple Support site:

Link

OP
Texasmeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
hmmm

It's weird... I havent done anything different and the problem seems to have disappeared. If it comes back again, I'll try unplugging the power cord.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh dear, Powermac G5 DP 2.0Ghz 160GigHDD
My G5 isn't happy when sleeping either, but only after several hours, the screen will be really screwed up all strange shapes and not usable, so reboot only way to get going again.
I love Mac's but bloody **** they are plauged with problems!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You resurrected a 6 year old thread to complain about a long out of production machine? Wow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh dear, Powermac G5 DP 2.0Ghz 160GigHDD
yes baggss, you are totally up yourself, and wow! you are on this old thread now!!??and you complain about someone else being part of an old thread, I think you need to get away from your computer more often and get out a little more so you may only worry about the stuff in life that actually matters, sorry things haven't worked out for you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
yes baggss, you are totally up yourself, and wow! you are on this old thread now!!??and you complain about someone else being part of an old thread, I think you need to get away from your computer more often and get out a little more so you may only worry about the stuff in life that actually matters, sorry things haven't worked out for you

All I can say is WOW! Forget to take your meds today did you?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.