G5 shipping problems

J

JGreenwood

Well I guess MacMall was wrong. Eventhough it says on their site that the 1.6 and 1.8 GHz G5's are in stock and will supposedly ship today if you order one, it appears that mine which I ordered over a month ago will not even be shipping to me until next week now. Anyone else had the same problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
That's a bummer. At least you're getting one though! :)

OP
H

h3o

problems

JGreenwood said:
Well I guess MacMall was wrong. Eventhough it says on their site that the 1.6 and 1.8 GHz G5's are in stock and will supposedly ship today if you order one, it appears that mine which I ordered over a month ago will not even be shipping to me until next week now. Anyone else had the same problem?[/QUOTE

You're going to have a lot more than shipping problems with that G5! Mine takes 7-10 hard restarts before it will even turn on... seems many are having this problem. The entire mac lab at my school has this problem, NASA turned in all their G5's back to Apple to have fixed, and it seems everytime I go into the Apple store, there is someone else having this problem.

If I were you I would wait until a 2nd generation comes out... If I had the chance, I would return this machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
I have a 1.6 G5 at work with zero problems. Must be an isolated batch of bad components

Jerry

OP
M

mtnman73

Your comments on the G5

Just put in my order today for a G5 dual 1.8 from Apple. This will be my 8th Apple computer. I've never had a problem I couldn't fix on any of them. Currently using a Quicksilver 733 with 10.2.8...been absolutely great for the most part. Had an issue for a while where the computer would reboot itself when I told it to shut down.. but this has gone away and hasn't happened in months... I think Norton took care of it.
I'd be very interested to here more feedback from those of you that have got a new G5 so I know what I might expect from mine when it gets here in a couple weeks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.