G5 Queries - about to buy. Please check out.

T

TripSta

Hi.
Im about to buy a new G5 from the Apple web site. Its seems to be the cheapest with the educational discount. Im looking at a Dual 1.8, 1GB RAM, 160 GB HD. £1430 inc.

Ive looked at the same specs with a single 1.8 and it about £320 cheaper. Which is a lot!

My question is this: Are the single 1.8 motherboards the same? Could I fit another 1.8 or 2.5 processor in later when I had more cash?

Thanks .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
while the g5's are very upgradeable, Im pretty sure you cant add another processor, you can replace it, but if its a single, you cant replace it with a dual, the motherboard wont take 2 if it was meant for 1. that seems like a good price, though Id recommend not paying all thatr extra for the ram, get the default amount, 512mb I think, and order a 1 gig stick from crucial or owc. thatll save you at least a hundred easy.

OP
M

menace3054

TripSta said:
Thanks, Ive just purchased a Dual 1.8. Should be here next week.

you wont be disapointed! after using my g5 for a week my pb seems sooo soo slow.. good luck with it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.