G5 crash/freeze, must reboot

S

Sarah

New G5, 1.6. os 10.3... Stock (installing more memory as we speak.). I use both Safari and IE... it just randomly freezes and I must do a power cycle... does any one know what the cause is? It's only 6 months old. It's brand fricking new... the last time I checked, new stuff was supposed to work. Any words of wisdom?
-Sarah

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am not sure I can help here. My question is are you running OS X 10.3.2. If not, that might help. Also i think you still have to run repair permissions in Panther, so I have read. I am not using Panther as of yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
Sarah said:
New G5, 1.6. os 10.3... Stock (installing more memory as we speak.). I use both Safari and IE... it just randomly freezes and I must do a power cycle... does any one know what the cause is? It's only 6 months old. It's brand fricking new... the last time I checked, new stuff was supposed to work. Any words of wisdom?
-Sarah

is it computer or software? which one is freezing?
anyway, try to forse quit apps or relounch the finder. press alt+comand+esc and choose what to do.
if your problem is software based, it will help. if its hardware, take it to apple.

OP
S

Sarah

rman said:
I am not sure I can help here. My question is are you running OS X 10.3.2. If not, that might help. Also i think you still have to run repair permissions in Panther, so I have read. I am not using Panther as of yet.
Yes I am running panther... I have done the repairs to it as well... maybe there is something that I am missing... I'll try the "repairs" again. Thanks for your input.

OP
S

Sarah

MAC-simus said:
is it computer or software? which one is freezing?
anyway, try to forse quit apps or relounch the finder. press alt+comand+esc and choose what to do.
if your problem is software based, it will help. if its hardware, take it to apple.
It's deffinitely the computer... I can't even force quit... it's been happening ever since I recieved the computer... Sucks to be me.
-Sarah

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If it is hardware, you may want to make sure everythinf is plug in tightly.

OP
V

vampyrate

I'm having the same problem... it started about a week or two ago... and has progressively worsened. is that word? anyways... if anyone knows what to do... I could use the help... as it is now.. I can't even startup my system properly...

Here's another thread I found on the subject...

<http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18025>

j

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.