G5 cd/dvd drive issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.6.7
I just joined this site.
Been outta the loop for 5 yrs cause I was in an accident and jst got a used G5 tower to get back to work.
How the heck do you open the disk drive...no button on the tower that I can find and command E or other crap I've tried is gettin me no where.
help and forgive my lameness...:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to Mac-Forums! All power to your full recovery.

Try F12 on the keyboard for a start. Maybe the k/b has one of the older-fashioned solid arrow head symbol keys as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And a good way to stay onside is not double post. Mods do not like that.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.6.7
Welcome to Mac-Forums! All power to your full recovery.

Try F12 on the keyboard for a start. Maybe the k/b has one of the older-fashioned solid arrow head symbol keys as well.

OMG you have no idea how silly I feel. I get up this morning and check if this post has been maybe answered and I see...oh try F12, and geeez! THAT'S IT!
I knew it had to be somethin simple like that I was missing - F12 is also for the Dashboerd so was a like huh? guess I have to check mt short-cuts

Thank you thank you! :D

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.6.7
And a good way to stay onside is not double post. Mods do not like that.

Thanks fr the heads-up - Im gettin re-acquainted here and got turned around...wont make the same mistake again ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.