g4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I have a Mini G4 the more expensive version. But unfortunatly I bought it at the store the first day it came out and didn't realize until a month or two later it didn't have a superdrive.

Anyway I do a lot with flash and building web pages. But the mini just doesn't seem to move fast enough for flash pro and often crashes running Flash Pro.

I wanted to know if I went ahead and purchased a Mac Pro with the 8-core and 2 gb of ram would it be enough to power Flash pro the way I want it to without frequent crashes?

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with flash but the Mac you describe is pretty much top of the line it ought to get it done. I'd imagine the program has some minimum system requirements, you might see if a nice iMac would do the job, if you wanted to save some money.

Reaction score
Yeah A new mini would do the job, iMac would be beautiful, Mac Pro (4) would smoke it, Mac Pro (8) is overkill.!

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Well I have a gig of ram, and a 1.42 ghz power pc processor and Flash Professional 8 sucks majorly on it. It constantly crashes and the multicolored spinned will go for almost 10 minutes sometimes. The mac mini doesn't act this way for any other program, same results when I installed Flash Professional on my Ibook G4 w/ 1.42 ghz powerpc processor...

soooo? How would getting a new intel mini fix that? I've played around with my friends intel mini with flash pro 8 and its fails just as much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.