G4 and ProTools help.

Reaction score
I finally got PTLE 7.3 and the Mbox2, but every time I try to install it on my G4, it says the following...

"The application Installer quit unexpectedly.
Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.
Click "Reopen" to open the application again. Click "Report" to see more details or send a report to Apple."

I have too much money and time invested in this crap for it to suck and not work. Which by the way, really ticks me off beyond belief. And I only used that word tick because I don't want this thread to get erased. Can anyone help me with this? Please...?

OP
R
Reaction score
I finally got PTLE 7.3 and the Mbox2, but every time I try to install it on my G4, it says the following...

Click "Reopen" to open the application again. Click "Report" to see more details or send a report to Apple."

I have too much money and time invested in this crap for it to suck and not work. Which by the way, really ticks me off beyond belief. And I only used that word tick because I don't want this thread to get erased. Can anyone help me with this? Please...?

Ok, there's a change of plans now. Now it says that after ANYTHING I do. Safari, iTunes, msn messenger, quicktime, pages, system profiler, ALL OF THEM. What do I do now? I am actually not even typing this right now. I just copied and pasted because Safari is gonna crash on me here in a second. This must be some kind of virus or SOMETHING. I have no earthly idea. Please somebody help. It will be deeply appreciated. Goodbye now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0, 1gb ram,80 gig hdd, Powermac G5, 80 Gig HDD, 1/5 gbs of ram. dvd writer
Maybe This is the problem
total System RAM
768MB minimum required for Pro Tools LE 7.3 - More Recommended
More RAM increases overall system and Pro Tools performance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Ok, there's a change of plans now. Now it says that after ANYTHING I do. Safari, iTunes, msn messenger, quicktime, pages, system profiler, ALL OF THEM. What do I do now? I am actually not even typing this right now. I just copied and pasted because Safari is gonna crash on me here in a second. This must be some kind of virus or SOMETHING. I have no earthly idea. Please somebody help. It will be deeply appreciated. Goodbye now.

Backup your data and re-install OSX?

I'm fairly new to the Mac OS so I'm not sure of how you would run a repair process on the OS.

OP
R
Reaction score
Maybe This is the problem
total System RAM
768MB minimum required for Pro Tools LE 7.3 - More Recommended
More RAM increases overall system and Pro Tools performance

Actually, I think you're correct. I suppose I'll get an external hard drive. But why does everything still crash even though I didn't install PT? All I get when I try to open anything is this...

I suppose I have a virus or something. Maybe I have too many songs. I have 26.35 GB available and I think that has everything to do with it...I don't know what to do.:radioacti

OP
R
Reaction score
Backup your data and re-install OSX?

I'm fairly new to the Mac OS so I'm not sure of how you would run a repair process on the OS.

I tried to re-install 10.4.9, but got the same thing I always do. I suppose I just need to take it to CompUSA and let them clean it because I'm sick of seeing the same thing no matter what application, installation, or download I try to open.

The words of death. ^

x_x *dies*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.