G®ay area on window

Reaction score
I have a 2013 MacBook Pro. The gray area on wind top turns white and I have to keep clicking on it. I'm running Mavericks. It just started happening. I'm getting frustrated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The gray area on wind top turns white and I have to keep clicking on it.
This might be a consequence of a pre-coffee attempt to answer this but I'm having difficulty understanding this statement. What is a "wind top"? What software are you using and what is happening?

Reaction score
I Think what he's trying to say is his window keeps losing focus. Evidently something in the background keeps taking focus. You just need to wait til whatever is finished.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Ah, that makes sense. If that is the case, then yes, you'll have to wait for whatever is stealing focus to complete its task. Do you have anything running in the background?

OP
A
Reaction score
I've never had this happen before. It's like the window deactivates. I have to click the window to reactivate it. I'm not running anything. It happens on all my windows.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey, Guys. Whatever was wrong with it it has righted itself. Thanks for your input. I
appreciate it. I've been using Macs since they first came out but couldn't figure this one out. I
started on computers with the old Apple llgs. Yes, I'm pretty old. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.