• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

funny vista video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
It's the only way to install Windows! Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
wow i wonder what speed that drive is reading at, must be fast as.

Reaction score
Enjoyed all three - thanks to all for my starting off my day with some good laughs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I thought the first one was kind of stupid and didn't have any substance. If the guy had mentioned what computer he has (says it's new, but doesn't say what it is) and what problems he had, it would have been better. But without any of that it's hard to believe and looks dangerously like propaganda. Either the guy made a copy of the DVD before trashing it, or he has enough money that he doesn't mind literally shredding $200-$400.

The speech recognition was pretty funny. I don't know why companies are still messing with this. Use your hands, you lazy bum!

The Ubuntu video was awesome: almost makes me want to do another switch!. (but why did their windows look like Vista windows?) Their multiple desktop interface blows Spaces away! Maybe that's one of the reasons Apple is holding back Leopard. Granted, it is a simple GUI trick that's more fun to play with than functional, but that seems to be what trips people's triggers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
lol kl vid. i saw it almost as soon as it came onto you tube.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
link

please comment :)

That's Anthony from the Opie and Anthony Show. You can listen to them live M-F 6a-9a at 923freefm.com (click listen live) or with PalTalk. They're real pissers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I thought it was too long an boring to make a very small and obvious point. Kind a cheesy...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
That Ubuntu thing looks even more distracting than Vista Aero. All that wobbly stuff going on would give me motion sickness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
Well that first one certainly installed some immaturity into my day......

The second one looked great to me!!! Ubuntu looked at least fun to use, and Vista is easy on the eyes.

And the last one is just stupid. No one likes a smart alleck! Anyway, there is an old business saying that goes something like "Copy what works..." So shouldn't you all be HAPPY that Microsoft thought enough of Mac to borrow their ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
My favorite was the voice recognition... that was great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That was great.. IMO, the Xbox 360 was the only "good" product M$ ever released.. I mean, Windows is good in its own ways, however, for me, a Mac is just, well, perfect.

papershreaders rule.. Reminds me of the slow days at my old job doing PC repairs/updrages etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
That was great.. IMO, the Xbox 360 was the only "good" product M$ ever released.. I mean, Windows is good in its own ways, however, for me, a Mac is just, well, perfect.

papershreaders rule.. Reminds me of the slow days at my old job doing PC repairs/updrages etc.

You know, one of the reasons I switched was that I came across this article in Time magazine, it was an interview with Steve himself, u wonder what he said that made me switch. Well, something so Ingenius yet so darn true.

He said that the Windows Platform is a good software, the problem with it is that MS just gave a liscense to whoever came knocking with money! But what apple does (WHICH IS AWESOME) is that they do their own software and integrate it with their own hardware insuring compatiblity (I suck in spelling :closed: ) and thats why they don't crash and don't experience all the crappy problems Windows has.

And then and there I knew I had to get my hands on a MAC and I couldn't be happier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
that seems about right. i would have done the same thing if i had the balls to throw away 200 dollars.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.