Funny sounds

B

Bluewolf

Funny noises from PB

At certian times I can hear these high pitched bleeps comming from my PB everynow and agian, usually when it is computing something for example when using safari it usually occurs when I am loading a new webpage.

As I am using a USB ADSL modem I can safely say the problem is not the internal modem, but these strange sounds do have me worried considering my PB is brand new. Should I be worried, or are those sounds 'normal', as I now believe that they are comming from my HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
They are normal. No one has really found out why it makes these sounds. Or at least, if they have then I haven't read why. But yah, you shouldn't be too worried.

OP
B

Bluewolf

EYPUFF said:
They are normal. No one has really found out why it makes these sounds. Or at least, if they have then I haven't read why. But yah, you shouldn't be too worried.

Phew saved myself a trip into London. (Official Apple Retailers are few and far between across the Atlantic.)

OP
S

sonnylee

It's from the processor. If you set your processor on full power instead of automatic, this baby gets really ferocious (loud!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.