• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS - White Macbook Early 2008

Reaction score
I have an early 2008 white macbook I am looking to sell. The specs are:

Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz CPU
4 GB RAM
64 GG OCZ SSD
Superdrive

The battery still holds a good charge. The power adapter is included and works fine but is a bit frayed at the connecter. Also if you don't want the SSD I can put the original 160 GB hard drive back in.

I can send pictures upon request.

I am asking $400 or best offer

OP
I
Reaction score
Any interest?

Is anyone interested in this Macbook? Is the price too high? I used Mac2Sell.net and they quoted $480 for a value so I went with $400 as a starting point. What do you guys think? I am open to offers.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Price is too high. I just double checked Mac2Sell and it lists your machine as being worth $370 in the US. Where are you getting your price from?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Did you figure in the SSD? With the SSD factored in, Mac2Sell quotes $480.

(outdated link removed)

That said, a 64GB SSD is kind of tiny and not worth a whole lot these days - so it probably doesn't add as much value as M2S indicates it does.

Additionally, no one wants to buy an expensive item on a forum, where there is ZERO protection for the consumer, sight unseen. It might be a good idea to at least shoot a few pictures with some identifying information in the photos (like, perhaps a placard in the photo with your username, the forum name and maybe the date).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is anyone interested in this Macbook? Is the price too high? I used Mac2Sell.net and they quoted $480 for a value so I went with $400 as a starting point. What do you guys think? I am open to offers.

Thanks

Gonna throw in my 2 cents.;)

I have exactly the same computer that I'm about to get ready to sell. The cosmetic condition isn't the best, I'm going to sell it with 2gig of ram & an 80gig HD (not SSD)...and I was probably going to list it for $350 on my local Craig's List. If I can get $300...I'll be happy.:)

Your computer has 4gig of ram, the 64gig SSD...and is probably in better cosmetic condition...so I'm thinking $400 really isn't too bad of a starting point.

I find that with 4gig of ram...this computer (MacBook, 2.4ghz core 2 duo) is still a fine machine for everyday use.

Good Luck,:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you figure in the SSD? With the SSD factored in, Mac2Sell quotes $480.

Good point, I missed that. But like you say, that's a small SSD....

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I am going on vacation for a week tomorrow but when I get back I will post some pics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.