• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS: Portable 3.5" Firewire Enclosure

G

glasgow3infl

This is a CompUSA Portable 3.5" Exernal Firewire Enclosure IEEE-1394. Comes in the original box with 6' 6-pin to 6-pin IEEE-1394 Cable, AC Adapter, User Manual and Driver CD. It has Two (2) IEEE-1394 Ports on the back. Terms are once I receive Personal Check, Money Order or Cashiers Check for $35(shipping cost included) I will ship to you via trackable mail. E-mail me at [email protected].

OP
A

AdamJay

is it OSX compatible , i.e. are the drivers OSX? and can it support a 120gb hard drive?

and can you take paypal if i cover the paypal fee?

i may be interested... bought a usb external hdd and theres no **** OSX drivers for the case.

OP
G

glasgow3infl

It is OS X compatible, I used it with OS 10.2 & 10.3 with a 120GB HD and it worked flawlessly. I didn't have to install any drivers, I just plugged it in and it worked. I don't use paypal but will use escrow.com if you want.

AdamJay said:
is it OSX compatible , i.e. are the drivers OSX? and can it support a 120gb hard drive?

and can you take paypal if i cover the paypal fee?

i may be interested... bought a usb external hdd and theres no **** OSX drivers for the case.

OP
A

AdamJay

right right, but do you have any OSX drivers with it, on CD? in case i need them.
the 120gb HD i have is currently windows formatted and i need to make sure that a mac is going to be able to see the drive (i.e. drivers), so that it can reformat it to mac.

OP
G

glasgow3infl

OS X Drivers

I checked the CD and the drivers are for OS 9. The drivers are built into OS X. Someone correct me if I'm wrong you should be able to pull up a windows formatted Hard drive as I do all the time using this very firewire drive or any Hard drive for that matter. You should be able to use "disk utility" to format the drive to "mac os extended" if you are using OS X. I've converted several WIndows drives to mac and used this drive on multiple macs with no problems. Sounds like it may be a HD problem and not a firewire enclosure problem if you can't use the HD. The only limitation on mac that I know of using this firewire enclosure and most firewire enclosures for that matter is not seeing more than a 120GB HD. I'm no expert but I use several external firewire enclosures whether formated for mac or windows without any difficulties. Not that I don't want to sell you the drive but I think the drive you have should work on mac.

AdamJay said:
right right, but do you have any OSX drivers with it, on CD? in case i need them.
the 120gb HD i have is currently windows formatted and i need to make sure that a mac is going to be able to see the drive (i.e. drivers), so that it can reformat it to mac.

OP
A

AdamJay

sorry, i was at my local mac guy (helpmymac.com) and he offered to swap my casing to a firewire case and reformat the drive for $25.

any one looking for a firewire case tho should jump on this, looks like a great deal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.