Free Your Mind!

OP
T

trenollet

witeshark said:
I am impressed that you run Mandy 10, I tend to think Slack 9.x is what I want next ;) but I'd be glad to hear your suggestions! :)

I honestly can't compare Slack and MDK. I've installed Slack once and that was for someone else. I started back in 96' with RH and got a copy of MDK a year later. I've played around with Turbo and the Corel releases back in 99' when they came out, but until recently, I've always stuck with RH or MDK. Lately Gentoo has been my tinkering project. Love that emerge command. But I haven't been able to get the same performance out of Gentoo as I have with MDK. I thought I was building my kernel wrong but since one of the orignal developers of Gentoo works for my company, I took the system to him and he checked it out. We can't quite figure it out but believe it has something to do with the wide screen display. Don't know, I still run it at work for projects. Little slow but gets the job done.

BTW, I think you should change your sig. It seems every thread you touch you mention the permissions thing.. :) If you just incorporated that into your sig file, it might save you a bunch of time re-typing it.... :p

Later,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Actually... I have to admit. I've never switched.
I have used a Apple System for 13-15 years now. Everytime, I just added a kewl new box to my ever growing collection of boxes. The only box i chucked out was a X-box! Believe it or not. The Stupid thing keeps crashing... MUST BE MICROSOFT THING.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
trenollet said:
I honestly can't compare Slack and MDK. BTW, I think you should change your sig. It seems every thread you touch you mention the permissions thing.. :) If you just incorporated that into your sig file, it might save you a bunch of time re-typing it.... :p
Later,
Well I relized I was gonna repeat that a lot so I pasted it to a text doc and saved it - everytime I put it anywhere I just paste it from that :) :cool:

OP
T

trenollet

Yeah I figured that's what you do. Most of them seem pretty similar if not exact. After reading it again, I thought about it and realized, you pass that on A LOT.....

From now on, you will be known as the "King of Permissions Advice" :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
trenollet said:
From now on, you will be known as the "King of Permissions Advice" :)
hehehe :D :) Awe now I feel so special! The reason I do that is from what I see the only people that have problems with Mac are those that have either neglected permissions and/or crons or use cheap RAM. Not too surprising since OS X is a Unix BSD on an ultra stable Darwin kernel - Should never crash (well pretty much) :D :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.