forum for mac servers

Reaction score
Hi. I think it would be good if there was a forum for mac servers eg the server system, Xserve, Xserve raid etc.

Thanks,
Nathaniel

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, logikstudios/Nathaniel. Hope you hang around with us here. :girl:

OP
L
Reaction score
Well thank you. I do plan on staying as i have 6 macs and need some help on setting up a server system. What do you think of this. Would it be a possibility to set up a forum for mac servers. I no a fair bit about setting up medium size networks with windows and linux. But i barley no nothing about mac server and what stuff i will need over the next few weeks, when i set up a editing house network. All i no, is that i need a heck of alot of fibre connections.

Thanks,
Nathaniel

M

MacHeadCase

I have no idea if there is a possibility or not, I am not a part of staff here and the admin has been quite busy in the last week or so, he is moving in a new house.

The idea does sound good to me as long as members here can help out. I do know that some of them are very good with network troubleshooting and stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Unless they are actually X-Servers from Apple, I suspect you won't get a full forum. Even if they are, it's not in high enough demand to warrant it's own forum.

OP
L
Reaction score
When i say forum i mean a section eg this section is called Suggestions/Comments/Site Support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I understand, I just don't think it's likely. But hey, I don't work here....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Welcome, logikstudios!

baggss is correct in stating that there really isn't a high enough demand to give servers their own dedicated hardware sub-forum.
There are, however, two existing forums that would suit the needs of servers as you have described, those forums being the "Airport and Networking" and "Other Hardware and Peripherals" forums.
Depending on the nature of your questions, either of those forums would fit the bill for your inquiries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.