Format APFS or HFS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
OK, I understand but my Disk Utility view is nothing like yours. Perhaps, I haven't chosen the right option for viewing. I'll have to experiment a bit later to see what you're viewing from Disk Utility.

My iMac came from Apple with the drive (SSD) preformatted to APFS and with High Sierra already installed. I assume your MacBook Pro SSD was converted to APFS when you installed High Sierra? I wonder if that's the difference in what you're seeing and I'm not seeing?
I upgraded to HS and the SSD was converted at that time. My Disk Utility reports version 17.0.

EDIT: My View is Show All Devices. If I change to Show Only Volumes all I see is a list of the "drive" names of my drives (Macintosh HD, etc).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Jake: See my edit to the last post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Got it. I think we crossed posts. The VM is that size because it holds "sleepimage" as I said in an earlier post. Early sleepimage files were the size of your memory, but I guess they now have some compression to get it down. I have 16GB memory, my sleepimage is just over 1GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.