• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

For Sale Early MBP 13"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Can anyone tell me what this notebook should sell for? It is an early 2011 13 inch.
16 GB ram, 2.7 Ghz I7, 500 GB HDD. Model Identifier 8,1.
The case is in excellent shape. I have the original box and all documents and software.

Can someone also tell me the best venue to sell this laptop? Here or EBay maybe?

Thanks

OP
PatM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I guess it was kind of a silly question. I did some further research and I now have a pretty good idea what the laptop is worth.

I am going to put this unit up for sale. I will start a new thread.

OP
PatM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For Sale 2011 MBP 13"

I am going to sell my MBP. You can see the specs in my sig. I bought the laptop in February of 2011. I don't know if the Apple Care is transferrable or not maybe someone else can tell me. I have the original box and software. The laptop has been upgraded to Lion. I have the emergency CD that was made at the time of upgrade. I also think with the upgrade the system now has a separate partition where you can restore or reinstall from.

Apple Care is active until Feb. 2014. The computer is in perfect shape. Everything works just great. I use it for work and carry it to and from work in a very excellent Briggs and Riley case. The unit has been used every day and has been flawless.

I am buying a new laptop. It's the new release 15 inch MacBook Pro. Not the Retina model but the standard model. I'm a laptop junkie and just have to have the latest but can't make the leap to the Retina. I played with both at the Apple store and the standard model seems best for me.

I think whomever wants this unit will get a very fine laptop. I upgraded the ram to 16 GB. I used OWC for the RAM source. I think I still have the receipt for the ram and the laptop.

I am waiting for my new laptop to arrive at the local Apple store. It is due to arrive the 28th of this month. I will then need to transfer data from this laptop to the new one and then restore this unit to like new. I believe I will have the Apple Store help me with this but I have not decided for certain.

So the deal is that I will provide pictures and any other data that you might want to decide if this is the laptop for you. However the buyer needs to understand that I cannot consumate the deal until I get my new laptop. This may be premature somewhat but I thought I would see if there is any real interest.

Thanks for reading this long post. Sorry to be so wordy but I want to have full disclosure. I think a fair price for this laptop is $1000.00. It has the upgraded memory, is in great shape and has been treated very , very well. Has all documentation including the original box and software. Powercord etc etc.

If there is any other information that you need to help you make an informed and intelligent decision please send me a PM and I will do my utmost to provide that data.

Regards,

Pat

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not start a new thread. Threads merged.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.