Folders????

Reaction score
HELLO,

What is the best way to arrange folders?

Should I get a specific program?

I just moved from a PC to a MacBook Pro (LOVE IT)

I am currently using photoshop lightroom and some canon specific software, but every time I plub my camera it will ask me to place the pics in a specific folder, then when I open PSlighroom it will ask me to download the pics from the camera and the ones I already downloaded into a specific folder.

So, Its like doing one thing twice.

Any ideas...

Thanks for all the help:yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
If you could download directly to PSlightroom, it may take care of the problem. You need to specify your choice in the Canon software (preferences?) where to download your photos.
When you plug in your camera and it asks you which folder, could you chose one in PSlightroom (where it ends up later on, anyway)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Yes, if you have the camera connected to the MAC and had previously downloaded all the images with LRoom it will still prompt you to download them if Lroom is closed and reopened. LRoom does not recognize that you had already done that, it just sees a camera hooked up with images...you should not do it otherwise you are simply wasting disk space.

As far as the folders, I like to keep the folders named by date and then add a "Shoot name" to the end...so if it was of a hockey game taken today the file would be 2007April05 Team Name Hockey.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.