Folder in a Folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I want to have a folder inside a folder on my iPhone, but I cannot seem to find out how to do that. I vaguely remember hearing it could be done, but a search didn't return anything useful so I'm asking here. Anybody know how to do that? To be clear, I have "Folder A" and I want to group some of the apps in that folder into a folder inside the folder, naming it "Folder B." Can it be done? iOS is the most current, 13.4.1, on an iPhone 11 Pro.

TIA

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not a designed feature, seems like it was a glitch in iOS 10 per this video. If so, it was likely "fixed" in subsequent releases.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Jake,

I tried this on my iPhone 11 Pro. I have two Folders already. I tried the merge them or have one inside the other. No luck. I even tried what was shown in the video - hopeless, I'm afraid.

I suspect, as Ashwin said, this is not a feature in the current iOS. I don't know of any workaround, but then I'm not very good at experimenting:)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.