• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

Folder in a Folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
I want to have a folder inside a folder on my iPhone, but I cannot seem to find out how to do that. I vaguely remember hearing it could be done, but a search didn't return anything useful so I'm asking here. Anybody know how to do that? To be clear, I have "Folder A" and I want to group some of the apps in that folder into a folder inside the folder, naming it "Folder B." Can it be done? iOS is the most current, 13.4.1, on an iPhone 11 Pro.

TIA

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 Mac-Mini macOS Catalina 10.15.5, 32 GB
Not a designed feature, seems like it was a glitch in iOS 10 per this video. If so, it was likely "fixed" in subsequent releases.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Jake,

I tried this on my iPhone 11 Pro. I have two Folders already. I tried the merge them or have one inside the other. No luck. I even tried what was shown in the video - hopeless, I'm afraid.

I suspect, as Ashwin said, this is not a feature in the current iOS. I don't know of any workaround, but then I'm not very good at experimenting:)

Ian