"Focus": Very Cool App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
I was browsing through MacUpdate and found a really cool app that I just HAD to share! It's called Focus and basically it places an icon of the active application running on the screen. It's pretty much useless but very nice too look at. =)

I placed it over the Apple icon in top left corner..
focus1.png
focus2.png

focus3.png
focus4.png

Free Download: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11356/focus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
You're right, it is completely useless! Doesn't stop it being fun and a little bit cool though :)

Reaction score
Actually I don't think it's completely useless. The human eye can percept an image from a steeper angle than it can see text, so it would definitely speed up your recignition of the active app. At least it will prevent you from sifting through menus until you realise 5 seconds later your browsing the finder menu instead of what you wanted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
reminds me of how things used to operate on OS 9. It's been a while, but if I recall correctly, I think apps used to have a tiny icon in the upper right. I think that was one of the first differences I noticed when switching to OS X - the placement and appearance of the menu items.

Nice find!

Reaction score
I think that's very handy. I'm a much more visual person anyway. I am at work on a PC now (heh) but once I get home I will have to get this for my lovely Macbook :) Thanks for posting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
wow this is great:) got it in the bottom left corner now. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Pretty darn cool

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.