Flash Player Local Storage

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its the Time of year when I get totally stuck and need some help.

I bought a new Retina iMac for Christmas complete with Yosemite OS X.

I am a long time iMac user, and no newbie, but this has got me totally baffled.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/steve3664/ScreenShot2014-12-28at221713_zps42e17840.png

This is a screen shot of the error message Im getting...

Now on my old iMac you were able to move the slider and change the local storage settings but this isn't working now. Its almost as if its locked somehow and you can't change it. I currently have no idea how to alter it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Just for clarification.... I am using up the available local storage and need to increase it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Chas...

Like I said its a brand new iMac. Have Flash Player v.16 downloaded yesterday.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes Flash Player installed.

Ive actually deleted it and re-installed it several times now. Ive also deleted and re-installed the software that runs the flash.

No joy.

As I said I had exactly the same problem some 4 years ago when I first bought an iMac, but I was able to move the slider and the problem was solved. I cannot move the slider on Yosemite to increase the local storage.

Totally stuck.

C

chas_m

I strongly suspect you have more than one version of Flash installed, but here's another option: disable Flash. Completely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.