• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Flash coming to iPhone - appears restricted to native apps..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I respect your opinion, but why should people have to jailbreak their iPhones if they want flash? You could block flash on your phone just as some people do as people do on your computer. But here's the kicker, you would have the option to view flash material. I'm not saying flash is good or flash is bad, but the option should be there.

I see your point. And yeah it has it's merits. A lot of people feel like this too.

But personally there should not be a choice. If something on iOS is good then no worries. But if it's bad why should Apple give people the option to use something bad? Would be better to never have that bad thing on iOS in the first place. Cause then people who don't understand would use the bad thing then cry to Apple their product does not work as they expected it to. And if a lot of that kind of talk goes around then it's Apple's rep in the line.

I say prove to me 100% without any shadow of a doubt that having flash on iOS will not negatively affect the user experience in any way and that actually having it can bring benefits as well then put it in. But until that day comes I say leave it out of iOS.

Is flash good or bad? That's up for debate. But what I can see for certain is that people can do pretty much what they want with iOS not having flash. And I am a strong believer in only add in new features if they will dramatically enhance the user experience. I am against adding in new features just for the sake of the product having more features.

So in short. I'm not against flash on iOS per sé. I just want proof it is worth putting on iOS before it is put on there. And at the moment I do not see that proof. Maybe one day it will come but not today. And without that proof, no flash on iOS is better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.