first time setup

Reaction score
i got my mac mini and i finally have time to set it up, however, i also bought the bluetooth wireless keyboard and wireless mighty mouse and it says that i need a USB wired keyboard and mouse to set them up. the keyboard and mouse i have now with my pc are logitech and they are wireless but they plug in using a USB adapter. will these work (they still are USB) or am i going to have to go buy a new keyboard and mouse just to set up my mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Mine work fine, if they work in the BIOS screen of a
PC they will work with a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Since the connection is facilitated through the USB adapter, or "dongle" ( I think that's old-school terminology) you should be able to use the logitech to do the initial setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
If it's a ps/2 to usb adapter, it's a toss up. I have them in my office and they only work half the time. I prefer to stay away from them if I can. Try it out, not like you're going to fry anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
It will not work to install Windows. I have the same setup, and had to borrow a cheapo USB keyboard/mouse to install Windows.

As far as using MacOS, mine worked right out of the box without needing anything wired.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.