FireWire networking?

J

J427

I read some months ago in an issue of MacWorld that it is possible to network two Macs together through FireWire. I've made a few attempts at it, but cannot get it to actually work. Has anyone had positive results in this area, or even have any idea what I'm talking about for that matter?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you mean connecting the system using target mode. Turn off both systems. Connect them together using a firewire cable. Turn the system you want to mount on the other system, press and hold the T key. Hold the key until you see the firewire icon on the screen. Then power up the other system. Once the system is up and running you should see the disk on your desktop.

OP
J

J427

I know what you're talking about and I have done that before, but there is a way to set your system prefs to network through firewire. Check out the image. This is the result of the directions provided.

FW-net.jpg

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
My bad, I miss read the title of this thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.