Final Cut Pro x Features

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
Hey guys. I am looking at buying Final Cut Pro X as an alternative to iMovie which seems to be quite restricting. Before buying I just wanted to make sure it has a couple of the core features I need;

-The ability to create Multiple video "Tracks" so that I can overlay different video clips (How many different tracks can I have stacked on top of one another?)

-Multiple (2 or more) Cut-to windows to able me to play & view 2 (or more) angles of an interview at the same time and choose which angle I want to cut to

-The ability to switch off the Magnetic style timeline so I can move & organise clips freely on the timeline without them sticking to one another

-The ability to Label Clips & be able to see those labels for organisations purposes

-Snapping: be able turn off the Magnetic timeline but still have clips snap to each other when they are in close proximity to one another.

Does anyone know if the above are available in FCPX?

many thanks

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
Anyone got any idea on these points?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
It has all those features - personally I have only overlaid 4 tracks. If you do a web search for Izzy Videos you can find some free video tutorials on Final Cut that shows a lot of its capabilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
All these things are possible. I believe you can have as many tracks stacked as you like. Multicam editing supports up to 16 angles in view at a time, but I think you have more angles than that. You can use the Position tool to move clips without changing the positions of other clips. Metadata and keyword collections are great ways to organize and label clips; you can even label multiple sections of a single clip. And of course you can turn snapping off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.