Filming with the ipad and imovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Oh don't get me wrong. Google drive has been 99.9% reliable - okay they just had their two step verification hacked but who hasn't. :Smirk:

They do offer a lot of flexibility though. But very glad you got it all figured out now. It is so much fun to watch students create. Enjoy!

Lisa

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
My only caution against using Dropbox would be the size. Dropbox's free accounts offer only 2GB of space (which may be enough) but Microsoft's excellent OneDrive offers 15GB for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
And that might be the reason my former high school IT person went with google drive. They too offer 15GB free. Plus they have the integrated google docs which gave a cheaper option over Word which is the major app most students use. I know they use it with great success. I am going to try it out and will talk to some of my friends who are still teaching and use it daily. I believe it has been working great for them.

Lisa

Last edited:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Plus they have the integrated google docs which gave a cheaper option over Word which is the major app most students use.
One of the benefits of using OneDrive is its deep integration with not only Word but the Office Online suite which is effectively Office in your browser (and it's free). If students use Office products extensively, I'd encourage a look at OneDrive.

As an aside, I'm willing to admit that I think OneDrive does cloud services right so I'll concede my bias. It works across platforms, it works with Office (both mobile and desktop) and it offers more space than I could possibly need (as a 365 subscriber, I get 10TB of space).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.