• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Feeler: FS: New 15" uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB/9400+9600M

Reaction score
Just got my older lemon macbook pro replaced for a brand new c2d 2.66ghz, 4gb of ram, 320gb, and 9400M & 9600M combo graphics card. Doesn't come with the box but all original accessories and packaged accesories/manuals it does come with. Reason being I have to ship back my old laptop in the retail packaging of the new laptop. Seriously considering selling because I might want to switch to 13" or a smaller form factor (BUT NOT LOOKING FOR ANY TRADES)

I will sell it for $1849+shipping or best offer. That's better than the lowest price for it through the educational discount because you don't have to pay for tax.

PM me if interested.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How much warranty is left on the replacement unit?

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
It comes with a standard 1 year warranty you get with any mac you purchase that starts now.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just got my older lemon macbook pro replaced for a brand new c2d 2.66ghz, 4gb of ram, 320gb, and 9400M & 9600M combo graphics card. Doesn't come with the box but all original accessories and packaged accesories/manuals it does come with. Reason being I have to ship back my old laptop in the retail packaging of the new laptop.

I'm a bit confused regarding the warranty.

In your initial post you said that you got your older "lemon" MacBook Pro replaced for a brand new MBP.

To me this sounds like your sending your old laptop back to Apple due to problems...and they sent you a new one. Is this correct?

Or did you simply purchase a 2nd MBP to replace the 1st one?

Thanks

OP
T
Reaction score
The first one is right.

I sent them my computer, they sent me a brand new 2.66 unibody still in retail box. customer service "freely" placed an order for a 2.66 unibody in other words.

OP
T
Reaction score
Just got my older lemon macbook pro replaced for a brand new c2d 2.66ghz, 4gb of ram, 320gb, and 9400M & 9600M combo graphics card. Doesn't come with the box but all original accessories and packaged accesories/manuals it does come with. Reason being I have to ship back my old laptop in the retail packaging of the new laptop. Seriously considering selling because I might want to switch to 13" or a smaller form factor (BUT NOT LOOKING FOR ANY TRADES)

I will sell it for $1849+shipping or best offer. That's better than the lowest price for it through the educational discount because you don't have to pay for tax.

PM me if interested.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
One thread is enough, please.

OP
T
Reaction score
One thread is enough, please.

Thanks and sorry. i didn't mean to repost in BST but i originally posted it in the Notebook forum accidentally and had to correct it.

How much warranty is left on the replacement unit?

Thanks,

- Nick

just to clarify, i re-read what i typed up in response,

so my macbook pro was a lemon , they ordered me a new mbp and i have to send them back my old one so i don't get charged, as it's covered under apple care.

However, the new MBP in retail packaging has a 1 year warranty (brand new warranty thats in effect as of receiving it) and my old applecare plan is done and expired, same as if I actually bought the unit instead of getting it as essentially a "free order placed." (not actually free though, annoying with the amount of repairs and dealing with customer service)

OP
T
Reaction score
Selling the latest unibody 2.66 core 2 duo, 4gb, 320gb 9400M and 9600 GT MacBook Pro, 15" version. Selling for $1849+shipped or best offer. PM me and we can negotiate depending on demand. No trades, just looking for cash. Condition is like new. I have attached photos:

dxlfcx.jpg

2choz9s.jpg

p6gcl.jpg

donqzr.jpg

149auzd.jpg
(little tiny scratch near the underside pad, i suspect its from dust being on a surface when i put the computer down on the table)

the machine is almost two months old with light usage, no problems at all. and i take extremely good care of it, it's always in the carrying case. i hope these photographs are detailed enough.

I've sold a MacBook on here in the past, it was a pleasant transaction.

Payment method will likely be Paypal... Feel free to ask any questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
Bump. still available ?

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, still available! I had prospective buyers, but nothing finalized at all.

Thank you for the bump :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.