FB Messenger not showing messages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I have latest iOS version of Facebook Messenger and new messages are not showing up in app. I can see and access them through Notifications when they come through, but that’s it. Any ideas?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
FB Messenger is a totally disastrous app. When I was trying to use the marketplace to sell some items, it was nearly impossible to get to the messages I was receiving from potential buyers on the phone. The website was no better and the only way for me to ever get to the message was through the notifications. There is nothing you can do, short of stopping to use that app.

Reaction score
Hmm....been using the FB Messenger app for years with no issues like what you and Ashwin describe (no issues on the website either). I’d try uninstalling it from your phone and then downloading it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have latest iOS version of Facebook Messenger and new messages are not showing up in app. I can see and access them through Notifications when they come through, but that’s it. Any ideas?

Any chance that the text of the message is in white with a white background???

I don't know how that could be changed or disabled however.

Just a crazy thought...

- Patrick
======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Delete it and re install. I imagine you already have FB on the device? Make sure you are correctly logged in.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.