• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite coffee supplier (Walk-in/Drive-through)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Where in the midwest are you? They're all over Ohio.

If I have to go to a chain, I prefer Caribou over Starbucks.

Reaction score
Dunkin Donuts people

I miss Dunkin Donuts :(. The only one still open around here is on the west side of Indy and I have no reason to be over that way ever. I have never had their coffee, I just want some donut holes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I am a caribou man usually.

Mmmm coffee

Reaction score
Starbucks has the worst coffee I've ever tasted.

My hometown has a large Italian and Greek population so any cafe usually does the trick.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will also say other as most of the coffee I drink (and it's not much) I make here at the house. Had a few Iced coffee's at Starbucks but only if it's offered to me on a hot day. I don't like paying that much for a cup of coffee.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i probably go to starbucks more than anywhere else, but that's because i live in suburbia. the only other real choice is caribou coffee, and i can't stand just about anything they make.

i don't normally get coffee there though, i usually get a chai latte.

i normally drink coffee at work (we have a good supplier), or at home, where we have a senseo.

i did used to love dunkin donuts when i lived in jersey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Tim Hortons is my favorite

Haha heck yes! I work there *bows head in shame*

Best mix is 2 sugars and half a cream.. I hate the cream though, 18% is waaaaaaaaaay too rich for me.

I hate Starbucks.. It's the only place I know where coffee has a MENU!.. Coffee does NOT need a menu.. It needs a cup.. And MAYBE a saucer underneith the cup!

What the heck is a latte? That doesn't sound like coffee to me.

Espresso is good too. I like really strong, dark-roast coffees.

I usually make Nabob at home, as they hafe various flavors/blends.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I hate Starbucks.. It's the only place I know where coffee has a MENU!.. Coffee does NOT need a menu.. It needs a cup.. And MAYBE a saucer underneith the cup!

that's like saying there's never a need for a wine list. or there should only be black tea available for consumption.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Give me a white chocolate mocha from starbucks and I'm happy. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I've only had Dunkin Donuts' coffee once and I burned my tongue too much to really taste it, so I can't judge the flavor. Starbucks is alright, but I find their normal coffee tastes burnt when I drink it black. I usually end up drinking coffee from whichever place I'm closest to at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Company
You can get your caffeine in many splendid ways.
You can add espresso beans to your coffee, or chocolate covered espresso beans. You will not leave unhappy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
starbucks rasberry frap <3
love it!!!

you missed out costa, thats a big brand

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
It really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Latte's are never made right at Dunkin' Donuts EVER. I don't put sugar in my coffee, only Splenda, so when I ask for Splenda in my latte I always get an unsweetened one and have to send it back. Iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts is amazing though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Ever since I got my job in Miami I have been hooked on cuban coffee. Pretty much espresso with a ton of sugar. And they use Pilan or Bustello coffee. Mmmmmmm So good and only .75 cents. Pretty much all the little resturants have walk up windows. I get a guava pastry and a cafe cubano for like 1.50 its my new breakfast routine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I'll go anywhere, anywhere, for coffee before I go to Starbucks. PJ's, Dunkin', Einstein Bros., McDonalds...I used to patronize an independent shop, but I moved.

And when I do go to Starbucks, I'll buy anything except their coffee. They have great cakes, cookies, and such. Shame about the coffee.

One of these days I'm going to just buy myself a coffeemaker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
starbucks rasberry frap <3
love it!!!

You know Mikey, that sounded so good that I actually went out and bought one and it was a bit of a let down. The first half was good, but after I had drank all of the raspberry and "puchino" out of it, I was left with nothing but frozen frap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
NO corporate money-mongering theives can beat a pot of home-brewed coffee, especially Nabob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Starbucks has the worst coffee I've ever tasted.

My hometown has a large Italian and Greek population so any cafe usually does the trick.

I agree. Especially iced coffees. Most of them just loaded with ice. You can get a much better cup of coffee from any other place for less money. Don't buy into those fancy names.

Tak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
I will go to Starbucks if I have to, but I prefer to go here if I can afford it.

http://www.wilderoastcafe.com/

Nice place, Oscar Wilde themed, lots of Mac users, and very gay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.