Facebook and Photos

Reaction score
I know I am an old dinosaur when it comes to social media but I have just signed up to facebook, primarily so I can keep in contact with my daughter in Australia. I can't work out how to post photos straight from the photos library onto facebook - I can only post a photo if I export it first. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
You can select one picture in Photos or more using the Shift button and left click. Then use the Share button, it looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. Select Face Book from the options that appear. You will then get a window with the option to add text.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I too am a dinosaur, so I'm practising adding images to my post!

As Rod has elegantly told you how to do it, I have added a screenshot of his method, ie, get photo, Left Click, Select Share > dropdown menu withe Facebook as one of the options.

My other screenshot demonstrates another way; select photo, go to File in the top menu bar, select share, select Facebook.

Be prepared to sign into Facebook - I think Photos calls it creating a FB account. You only have to do this once. All future attempts takes you straight into FB.

One.jpg two.jpg

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Yes, you have to link your Facebook account first. https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22104?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Once you have done this you can also add photos FROM facebook, which has various options as shown in this screenshot. There are text prompts, but if you click on the camera it will also take you to your Mac where you scroll down and select Photos, then the album.
Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 15.43.51.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Think Rod means this button, which is the way I have always done it but good to know other options.

View attachment 24154

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you all - I shall check this out when I get home this evening and hopefully improve the look of my Facebook page somewhat by including pictures of the wife (not me).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.