Extending to 3 external displays on Macbook Pro via TB3

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you're well.

I've been a windows user all my life but have just made the move to a Macbook Pro 2018. I make music and want to extend the display to 3 monitors. The main one is a 4k TV for the main window via HDMI (music production, a bit of video editing etc) and 2 other smaller monitors (one is display port and the other vga, although happy to swap out for HDMI if necassary).

Can you advise what adapter I'll need and if it's easy enough to extend the displays. A lot of the Thunderbolt hub adapters I'm looking at say you can't extend displays on Mac OS. If there's one hub that will power everything (displays, usb 2.0 / 3.0, SD etc) that would be amazing, but I'm prepared to get a dedicated adapter for the displays if needs be.

Thanks in advance!
Exposure

OP
E
Reaction score
mac displays.jpg This is a typical image of a lot of TB hubs I'm seeing on Amazon. Interested to know if anyone has experience of running multi-displays from their Macbook pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.