Error message when publishing iWeb site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I have a site which is created with iWeb and published through .mac. It has worked fine until now, but yesterday I made some changes and now I get an error message just at the end of the publishing process saying "Publish error. Publish failed due to a network error. Check your internet connection and try again."

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, in fact, when I check the site the changes I did have been published! I am now just stuck with the changed pages still being marked in red in iWeb. Very annoying!! Anyone else come across this?

Reaction score
I have a site which is created with iWeb and published through .mac. It has worked fine until now, but yesterday I made some changes and now I get an error message just at the end of the publishing process saying "Publish error. Publish failed due to a network error. Check your internet connection and try again."

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, in fact, when I check the site the changes I did have been published! I am now just stuck with the changed pages still being marked in red in iWeb. Very annoying!! Anyone else come across this?

Well, I am having exactly the same problem right now.
I have been having a website on .mac which I was not updating since Feb I guess. Now I installediweb 2.0.2 and refurbished the old site with new features.
I deleted file by file the old site and made a publish all action.
Nothing to do.
Right at the end I get the same error you get.
I use an extreme airport to connect.
Could you solve the problem?
Would you be so nice to help me?
Alberto

Reaction score
Same (partial) problem

I get the same error message (which seems to have started when the change was made between .mac and MobileMe) - I'm publishing the same site as before (obviously with a few new pages, blog comments etc) to the same place with the same password and user name, but get the error message.

Strangely, the site is published and updated! It's rather annoying to get the error message, but it seems to have no effect on the site itself. For example, I posted a new blog this morning on web.mac.com/simonroskrow, and despite the error message, it appears correctly.

A simple glitch? Please can we have an update to iWeb - it's a pain if nothing else.

Reaction score
hi well i dont publish to mobile me but try checking your login details

Reaction score
Hi, I've had a similar problem for a very long time, even Apple Chat support could not help me..

I've tried everything but... last... I remembered that I use statcounter.com for site analytics... I deleted the script in my iweb!

Not everything works like a charm!!!!

Hope that might help you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.