Embarrassed to ask this but... # key?

P

pitythefool

Been doing a bit of HTML/CSS coding over the weekend on my shiny new iBook.

One question I do have is where's the '#' key? Looking around on the Internet it seems to be via the '3' key, except on a British keyboard, that's the £ symbol and not the #

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Open International in System Preferences. Check British and American Keyboard Layouts. Also check Show in menu bar. Now u can switch to American whenever u wanna insert the '#' key. Rest of the time u can keep it on British layout.

Hope that helps.

OP
P

pitythefool

Strider said:
Open International in System Preferences. Check British and American Keyboard Layouts. Also check Show in menu bar. Now u can switch to American whenever u wanna insert the '#' key. Rest of the time u can keep it on British layout.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that Strider. Shame I'll have to do that, but never mind. I'll prolly just leave it in that mode all the time then - I'll use # for CSS a lot more than I'll use £!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In the United States, the octothorpe (#) is referred to as "Pound." Get it? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.