Email Options -- Alternatives to Entourage?

Reaction score
I just bought a mac, and MS Office to go with it, figuring it would make the transition from PC land easier. Entourage has proved to be rather cumbersome and somewhat buggy, however, so I have been using Mail instead. It's a good email program but is fairly basic. I am used to something with more features, like Outlook. I have heard about Eudora, Thunderbird, and others, but know nothing about them. Any suggestions, recommendations, etc?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Entourage has proved to be rather cumbersome and somewhat buggy, however, so I have been using Mail instead. I have heard about Eudora, Thunderbird, and others, but know nothing about them. Any suggestions, recommendations, etc?

I have used Eudora since version 4 and am adamant that it's the best email client ever - but it won't work with Leopard (one reason I stick with Tiger).

Which sort-of leaves you with Thunderbird, a popular email client, which is an emulation (I think it's called) of Eudora anyway. I find TB to be quirky, certain features still being worked on, but it's good enough. Others will have their different views.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.