email logo comes out as PS icon not a graphic

Reaction score
Hi. I have no problem creating an email signature, words and company logo, on my mac desktop. My husband has photoshop on his mac desktop (I don't). I mention this because when I try to create an email signature with his company logo it always comes out as a PS icon, not the logo image/graphic. I have done it as a png file and jpeg. Done a screen shot of the text and image created in a word doc. Still the logo comes out as an icon in the Mail/preferences/signature window where I create the signature.
I have created his signature on my desktop and it looks fine. I have sent this to him, copied it and inserted it into the Mail signature window but it reverts to a PS icon.
His logo was created in Adobe but why would it keep inserting it in to the Signature area as an icon not a graphic? The image has been converted and resized and still we cannot get anything except the icon of PS. Is there something simple that I am missing?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.