email clients

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well said Rod.

But whatever happened to those days when we wrote letters to each other? :unsure: šŸ¤ 

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You mean like on paper? With a pen? Or was it a Pen-cil? Or did you use a chisel on stone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Well said Rod.

But whatever happened to those days when we wrote letters to each other? :unsure: šŸ¤ 
Some people still choose that option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Some people still choose that option.

Just like the little booklet I got many many years ago "How to Write a Letter" said and started out with the good advice:
To get a letter, Write a letter.

Many still do, and especially some like my cousin who writes with a beautiful handwritten script and often with many thoughtful, often humorous little verses included. But almost becoming a lost art.

Oops I almost forgot, all the little stickers that seem to be needed these days, both on the envelope and on the letter inside.
Well some people like them. šŸ˜‡

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Many still do, and especially some like my cousin who writes with a beautiful handwritten script and often with many thoughtful, often humorous little verses included. But almost becoming a lost art.

You're right Patrick. Penmanship has become a lost art and is no longer taught in schools. My hand writing is not the best but when compared with what I've seen from younger folks, well, you get what I mean. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My hand writing is not the best but when compared with what I've seen from younger folks, well, you get what I mean. :)

From what I have been able to see, and according to the handwriting, I would say the majority of the younger generation are planning on becoming doctors and they have already mastered the prescription encryption jargon scriptwriting style...
I pity their poor teachers if they have to attempt to read any handwritten essays... God help them and what will the students do when they hit the workforce and have to write something by hand...??? :(

Maybe they will be like the accountant where I worked and I needed the phone number of a supplier that he had and he reached over to his adding machine, punched in the phone number and then tore off the paper strip and handed me the slip from the adding machine. I often wondered if he was actually able to write anything as he seemed to do absolutely everything with that electric adding machine. ;)

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I pity their poor teachers if they have to attempt to read any handwritten essays... God help them and what will the students do when they hit the workforce and have to write something by hand...???

I have a feeling that no one is worried over bad handwriting. The younger folks are attached to their computers and iPhones even at a very early age. The biggest problem with most younger folks (at least here in the US) is their bad grammar, lack of reading skills, and almost no mathematical savvy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The biggest problem with most younger folks (at least here in the US) is their bad grammar, lack of reading skills, and almost no mathematical savvy.

You can probably add a good percentage of Canadian students and adults to that list, and before anyone starts adding the old have you used algebra today meme, I'll just add this:

Yep, you probably did use algebra today..,. šŸ˜‡

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.