eMac - Power button broke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac - 1GHz G4 - 768MB RAM - 200GB - DVDRW
Hi all,

Is there a way I can wire in a different power button switch for the eMac? It broke during the removal of the shell. Is there a way to get a new one without buying a whole new shell?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Is the actual button broken, or is it broken internally, like you push the button, and nothing happens? I don't know how good you are with a soldering iron, but you might just look into replacing the motherboard. Think about it- you're going to have to buy another motherboard to scavenge the part off of(I'd think it would be hard to find just that part) and you're going to have to take it out anyway, so why not just pop the old one out, and the new one in. Screw the soldering.

That's just my 2¢ though.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac - 1GHz G4 - 768MB RAM - 200GB - DVDRW
The actual button is broken internally, but I think I found a source on eBay that sells the button and the cable as a kit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.