El Capitan no buena

Reaction score
I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro "13" with 4 gig of ram and I believe that its a 2.4 duel quad processor. Since updating I have noticed how often now I get the spinning color wheel and how much slower it has become. Is there anything in the setting I can change or anything I can do so it doesn't lag as much now that it has the newer IOS on there?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro "13" with 4 gig of ram and I believe that its a 2.4 duel quad processor. Since updating I have noticed how often now I get the spinning color wheel and how much slower it has become.

- How full is the hard drive?
- Try running the free maintenance app called "Onyx".

Is there anything in the setting I can change or anything I can do so it doesn't lag as much now that it has the newer IOS on there?

Just an FYI. Apple computer's don't run "iOS". iOS is for iPads, iPods, iPhones.:)

- Nick

OP
ryanp77
Reaction score
Its a 500 gig hard drive I dedicated 100 to run windows, leaving me with 400 for the Mac I think I have a 80 gig used so I have plenty of space on there, yeah not sure why I said IOS. but I will try Onyx thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You should have at least 8GB of memory, so an upgrade will go a long way of making things better..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You should have at least 8GB of memory, so an upgrade will go a long way of making things better..

They might want to have and keep a watch on any memory swapping with Activity Monitor.app as indicator they may be short of memory or not before spending money and adding more and expecting to see a miracle in speed improvement. El Capitan has changed and improved memory management quite drastically it seems according to many.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.