Educational Discount?

A

arkman_1411

Hi, I know alot of you have heard me earlier when I was talking about getting a powerbook, well my PC sold this saterday and I am going to be ordering a powerbook this coming Monday. My question is if I qualify for an educational discount, I am going to be a junior in High School, I am also a musician. I noticed the link and it said... Student and Teacher Discounts. I just wanted to make sure before I bought through the educational site. Also can I shop at an Apple retail store and still be eligable for an educational discount?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Unfortunately, you don't technically qualify for the discount. The only students that qualify are college or university students. They K-12 discount only applies to teachers, board members, etc.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe if you go to the Apple site, under the Apple store choose education. From there choose the find your k12 school under shop for your self. Then you will need to find your school among the list of schools.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
From the K-12 Education Store site:

Who is Eligible To Purchase
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education individuals:

- Employee of public or private K-12 institutions in the United States
- School Board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members
- PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers
- Qualified homeschools
- Employee of a public or private, profit or non-profit preschool

K-12 students unfortunately don't qualify for the discount. :(

OP
A

arkman_1411

Sigh, well what would happen if I did purchase through the educational site? I mean it is with my own money, and I was really looking forward to the powerbook. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
arkman_1411 said:
Sigh, well what would happen if I did purchase through the educational site? I mean it is with my own money, and I was really looking forward to the powerbook. :(

I'm not really sure what Apple's policies are with regard to checking on the person's eligibility, but you could certainly try. IMO, all students who are buying an Apple should be allowed to take advantage of the Educational pricing, regardless of what grade they're in.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you have a school ID you can go to the Apple brick and mortar store. If you purchase on-line, Apple with check to see if you are enrolled at the school you entered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
The difference is there is no merit to being in k-12. College students have generally earned where they are and are paying a steep amount of money to get an education which almost always requires the use of a computer. The only thing I ever did in k-12 with a computer was typing a paper.

OP
S

sifter20

$200 off at seattle mac store for students

i just got a 12" powerbook at the seattle mac store ( university village ) and got $200 off with my western washington university id card

OP
V

vuschejan

You could always have a college student buy it for you then pay him for it :-D Loop holes!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.