Educational Discount?????

G

Gamer

So I will be going to Dalhousie University in about a year and a half and I really want a ibook or powerbook. How does the ed. discount work and how much will it take off. Say, I bought a $3,000(Canadian Funds) iBook how much would they take off?

P.S.- I like the iBook because it has longer battery life and it can really take a beating, but can a Powerbook really survive inside my backpack and maybe be dropped, like the iBook can with out risk of data lose?

Thanks.

OP
M

menace3054

on the powerbook, i got 200.00 USD off, im not sure what that is in canadian. and, on ipod, i got like 31 off. go to apple.com/education and you can see what they will charge for ibook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Just go to the Apple Store Canada website and click on "Education" on the left side.

The education prices are $1349 (12" Combo), $1599 (14" Combo), and $1898 (14" 1.2 GHz). So in your case, the savings are about $100.

OP
T

The mac 13

hey ppl is it true that if u buy say an iBook using app extended warranty you will get only 1yr instead of 3 years?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
tariq said:
edu discount is 10% just in case you're wondering

Not in all cases, as you can see from the numbers I posted above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The mac 13 said:
hey ppl is it true that if u buy say an iBook using app extended warranty you will get only 1yr instead of 3 years?

If you're referring to AppleCare, it is a total of 3 years from the date of purchase. You can buy the AppleCare plan any time within your original 1 year warranty period.

OP
T

The mac 13

Padawan said:
If you're referring to AppleCare, it is a total of 3 years from the date of purchase. You can buy the AppleCare plan any time within your original 1 year warranty period.

no u got me wrong. i heard somewhere that if u buy a say iBook using edu advt, and buy apple care, you will get only 1yrs instaed of the 3 yrs? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The mac 13 said:
no u got me wrong. i heard somewhere that if u buy a say iBook using edu advt, and buy apple care, you will get only 1yrs instaed of the 3 yrs? :confused: :confused: :confused:

No you heard wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I bet that he's thinking of the australian edu deal:

all educational buys got 3 years extended warranty thrown in for free. That promotional deal was recently cancelled in Australia. I don't think it was ever offered elsewhere though...

All apple products come with 1 years free warranty, buying applecare will extend it by 2 years, giving you a total of 3 years warranty.
You can only buy applecare within the original warranty period (i.e. within 1 year of buying your product)

OP
T

The mac 13

Aptmunich said:
I bet that he's thinking of the australian edu deal:

all educational buys got 3 years extended warranty thrown in for free. That promotional deal was recently cancelled in Australia. I don't think it was ever offered elsewhere though...

All apple products come with 1 years free warranty, buying applecare will extend it by 2 years, giving you a total of 3 years warranty.
You can only buy applecare within the original warranty period (i.e. within 1 year of buying your product)

3 years FREE???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.