Editing iCal

Reaction score
Previously I was able to edit events on iCal and add reminders on my macbook pro. I am still able to do this on my iPhone 5s, but want to do it on my MacbookPro. Any suggestions to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Brevity is your enemy on a text-only forum. You have to be clearer about what the problem is exactly and just as precise about what it is you want to do. Since you mention two devices, one wonders if it's a syncing issue. If it only has to do with the MBP, you've only confused the issue by bringing up the iPhone. So you might have managed to be brief, and also to include irrelevant information, meaning the relevant information is all the more abbreviated.

So, please try again. It would help to know what you are doing on the MBP, and what happens when you do it. Again, be specific.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you MACsh. I want to edit iCal on MBP to include Alerts and repeats on events but am unable to do it. Previously I was able to do it. I am using Maverick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What happens when you open an event and then double-click to open its window further?
Do you see an option to change the settings?

If it's a subscribed repeating event, I don't know how to change them.

That what I'm finding and also using Mavericks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Thank you MACsh. I want to edit iCal on MBP to include Alerts and repeats on events but am unable to do it. Previously I was able to do it. I am using Maverick.

Ok then, login as a Guest user or from your Troubleshooting account (you made one, right? ...if not, do so) Report the result from the second account. You might have to create an Event to test it. I'm not sure if iCal is "sorted" by account.

C

chas_m

I know this doesn't fix your problem, but I can report that it works fine here (on Yosemite 10.10.2).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.