e-mac broadband hang up

M

McFinn

Hiya
This is my first posting so here goes
I have an e-mac and it has now been hooked up to broadband, everytime I send it to sleep the broadband is disconnected once I wake it up again I hve to reconnect again don't know what is happening, not really much of a problem just really annoying!!

cheers for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
When you put a computer to sleep it disables all external connections (printers, scanners, and broadband) nothing you can do to stop it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yup, and you really wouldn't want to cause the port scanners are still out there, not that anything could access your Mac, but still better to be disconnected

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

In my opinion this is a very small problem. Can PC's even go to sleep so quickly? The answer is no. You cant just select Sleep from the menu on a PC, and its harder to wake it up. PC's also keep a lot of things running when they are asleep.

NB: When I say PC I mean a typical Windows machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
its like hibernation but you don't need to boot it up from sleep, i just press a key and its awake in a second :D

it also is silent (on mine anyway) when sleeping and theres a little glowing light

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
McFinn said:
Hiya
This is my first posting so here goes
I have an e-mac and it has now been hooked up to broadband, everytime I send it to sleep the broadband is disconnected once I wake it up again I hve to reconnect again don't know what is happening, not really much of a problem just really annoying!!

cheers for any help

I am going to assume that you have DSL and are using PPPoE settings for it because this problem should not be happening if you are using DCHP (cable). I know because I put my eMac to sleep all the time and never have a problem and have to "reconnect" my cable connection after sleep.

So assuming you are using PPPoE, you may want to give the solution this article poses a try.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
A broadband router ($50) would also solve this. It's a roundabout way to do it, and it costs money, but it'll maintain your connection without the computer, and will share a connection with other computers should you have (or get) another.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.