DVD/CD Drive

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have a problem with my CD/DVD burner on my G5. It reads CD's and DVD all right and Burns CD but when I put ina blank DVD, I get this error

"Burning the disc failed because this type of CD is not supported (Error code 0x80020043"

This DVD's work on other similar macs so I'm assuming my drive is going. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
Your drive may not support that type of DVD media. For example, sometimes a drive may be able to write DVD-R, but not DVD+R. Have you ever burned any DVDs with it in the past? Are you sure it is a DVD burner? It may just be a CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo that reads CD/DVD, but only writes CD.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks but I've been burning these DVD's in this G5 for years and other G5's that are exactly the same burn them fine. In fact, I burned one from this batch the Day before and it burned fine, the next day I got this error message. THis is the built in Mac DVD/CD superdrive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
Your drive may have bitten the dust; have you tried a different burning program, such as Toast?

OP
U
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, the Mac won't except the disk. It rejects them before it even gets to the burning point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
Any recent software updates you've d/l?

OP
U
Reaction score
OK, so now I've gotton a Sony DVD/CD External drive and the same darn error message comes up, With all due respect to those that said it had to be the drive, this would seem to indicate that it's not the drive, right?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.