Duplicate Files-- Lots of 'em

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I've been using the COVID-19 quarantine as an opportunity to clean up and organize my digital life. It's been a very satisfying exercise!

I've now moved on to the multiple file backups that I burned to CDs/DVDs, spanning 20 years. I copied the contents of all the discs to a massive external USB drive and now I want to blast through it and get rid of any duplicate files, which I believe makes up at least 80% of what's on there. These are documents, photos, music files, and who knows what else.

I am less concerned about photos and music, as I've been diligent about keeping those organized and in iPhoto/Photos and iTunes/Music.

What do you folks recommend for a duplicate file cleaner? I figured I would ask in here for some real-life feedback.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@caribiner23:

Welcome back to the forums. Glad to see you remembered your user name and password. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.