duplicate desktop

Reaction score
I have an IMac and as from this morning, running 10.10.2 (I was told the system had updated overnight) and a graphics processor of AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB.
When it started this morning I found I had two desktops visible. I can operate them entirely independently of each other at the same time... its a bit like having two separate machines. Only trouble is, I don't want two desktops. Can anyone tell me how I can get back to one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you explain a little more please? Where are you seeing the 2nd desktop? How do you get to it? Can you post a screenshot?

OP
K
Reaction score
duplicate desk top

Well, I would like to but, in desperation I turned off the machine and when I turned it on again I was back to the original one big desk top.

However, now I am back to where I want to be, it would be nice to know how I got to where I was before!

Sorry, I have no idea how to reproduce it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm glad it's back to normal. Was it two desktops showing on a single screen? If so, sounds like a graphics driver issue resolved by a reboot

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes, that is what it was... two desk tops on a single screen. Thanks for your contact and reassurance!

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks Nick, that is very helpful... I'll do some experimenting along those lines and see if I can duplicate it again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.