Dual-Monitor configuration is consistently backward on Yosemite

Reaction score
I have the new Mac Pro, which I love because I can work on it at the office all day and then pack it up and bring it home with me. However since I have installed Yosemite every time I plug my monitors in at the office, their arrangement is backward. Every day I set it back to normal, and every day it resets itself, it also messes with the mapping on my wacom tablet, but I'm confident if I can figure out the monitor issue the other one will disappear automatically.

I'm using an Apple Thunderbolt Display and an older Acer monitor as my secondary. Any ideas?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
When you say arrangement is backward do you mean things are, for example, reversed. Say, the monitor which was/shoould be on the left is now on the right? If so, I'll have e to thing about that for a bit. I'm not experiencing that problem with my dual monitor setup.

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. The order is reversed- it's more of an inconvenience but I would like to know what's going on there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I have dual displays and everytime I shutdown my system and start it back up it would also flip flops things around. Something you can try is going through like you was going to set them up and hopefully the correct setting will be applied. After going through all my display setting and even wallpaper ones, its seemed to correct everything except which display my login is on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.