Drooping flat panel

J

jaustex

While balancing the checkbook last Saturday the flat panel on my slightly-older-than -the-warranty iMac plumetted to the desktop. The actual desk top. I have heard suggestions from a kit to repair the hinges at the base and the screen to taking into the Apple store. A local repair shop has intoned that this is going to cost hundreds to repair - very disappointing for a computer that is used very gently and is never moved. does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
My understanding is that you'll need to take it to an authorized Apple repair place. There's a special tool used to tighten and calibrate the hinges. It probably is kind of costly.

That's why I always get AppleCare.

OP
J

jaustex

schweb said:
My understanding is that you'll need to take it to an authorized Apple repair place. There's a special tool used to tighten and calibrate the hinges. It probably is kind of costly.

That's why I always get AppleCare.

All due respect to Apple but come on. This should not be happening to something so new. I'm a little put off by the fact that when I call the Apple store they all act as if this never happens. There is a repair kit available for crying out loud so it happens at least a bit more often than Apple would care to admit! I may try the repair kit first and then drop real money if I need to.

OP
S

SexyHT

jaustex said:
All due respect to Apple but come on. This should not be happening to something so new. I'm a little put off by the fact that when I call the Apple store they all act as if this never happens. There is a repair kit available for crying out loud so it happens at least a bit more often than Apple would care to admit! I may try the repair kit first and then drop real money if I need to.

Talk about it when it comes to reapirs apple is a rip off. When I bought an apple powerbook g4 15 ti the hinge was 1,000.00 to replace. And they wanted me to pay $600 to replace the top case because the powerbook g4 has paint issues. Then i got on the phone with coustomer relations and they apologised and repaired everything for free. I recomend don't give up keep on trying and trying until apple says it's free of charge i had to keep on trying for 1 week until I told them that I was going to file a law suite cause of giving me a defective powerbook :mad: . So apple repaired my powerbook g4 free of charge and they gave me a free wireless mouse to go with it. Apple is kool :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.