driver belkinF6D4050 for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
OP
S
Reaction score
Driver for Mac

Because they have the driver for Mac. The site of Belkin I already check and they don't have for Mac just for windows

C

chas_m

Let me be sure I have this straight:

You have this device, and the company that made the device only offers Windows drivers.

But you've found a site called totallybonkers.com that claims to have Mac drivers. But somehow this driver for Mac, which is almost certainly malware, is not available for download and you have to "contact" them in some way.

Oh yeah, this sounds TOTALLY legit ...

Let's try a different approach!

1. The description on Amazon says that it only requires OS X 10.5 or higher. So, question one: are you using OS X 10.5 or higher?

2. Have you read the included manual?

3. Have you run the included setup CD/DVD?

Last edited:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It should be the USB wireless adapter - not the modem - like this - Exodist has the correct link to the only drivers provided by Belkin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Because they have the driver for Mac. The site of Belkin I already check and they don't have for Mac just for windows

Like was stated above, the so called 3rd party drivers from bunkers is likely Malware.

You safest and best bet is to just go purchase a new wireless router or what ever device you need. My D-Link DIR-655 is older model but still has a USB connection for someone with a computer with no network card. But its no longer made. Still you can get something much newer and likely better for about $50 USD or less that will work with the Mac. Many of the items on Apples store is priced quiet high, but Amazon or even Newegg has hardware that will state compatible with Mac and which OS versions are supported..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There was a thread years ago from a MEMBER named 'totallybonkers' who was peddling a driver for a certain hardware component (may have been the old Belkin N150 device the OP mentioned, might have been something else, can't remember).

I found it odd, but we had dozens of members come here looking for this obscure driver, which as I recall, he had somehow managed to procure from the manufacturer of another device that used the same generic chipset.

I don't remember exactly what happened to that thread or if it turned out that 'totallybonkers' was a scammer... but my recommendation to the OP would be to post in that thread specifically if you stumbled upon it via search engine or something.

Or you could buy a wireless adapter that was made more recently and has full Mac support. They're not exactly expensive these days.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Now I remember! This is evidently a popular WiFi adapter used by builders of Hackintoshes... and since we don't discuss Hackintoshes on this forum, there was no need for his thread to remain open.

I suspect Susana happened to stumble upon a mention of the thread somewhere else and decided to go spelunking here. Am I right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now I remember! This is evidently a popular WiFi adapter used by builders of Hackintoshes... and since we don't discuss Hackintoshes on this forum, there was no need for his thread to remain open.

I suspect Susana happened to stumble upon a mention of the thread somewhere else and decided to go spelunking here. Am I right?

If thats the case, then she could easily find what she is looking for on one of the many how-to videos on youtube on how to construct one of those systems and get all the drivers..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.