Drawing Software for Mac

Reaction score
Im new to macs, and I can't find a simple drawing program. I used mspaint a ton on my old computer, because i don't need anything complicated like photoshop. I was wondering if there was a good cheap/free paint like program for macs.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
You might want to try www.eazydraw.com which may be too simple for you, but worth looking at. Depends what you want to do with it.
We miss mspaint too, it was a cool little app. Good luck! And btw, welcome to Mac Forums.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
is that app actually 95 dollars? :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Whoops! Forgot about that part! :confused: Actually, I have another one that is free but I'll have to check out the link for that one. Thanks Eric, for checking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The one I meant to give you was www.tuxpaint.org. This is the simple FREE one but has a lot of interesting features (CD is $6.95 but download is free). I don't use them but my husband does for construction drawings. Sorry for the mix-up. The eazydraw is very professional and a good app for the money.

Reaction score
Hi Voiceofra,
What is the use of Seashore.
i am confused about it.Please send me some more information.

Reaction score
For vector drawing, similar to Adobe Illustrator, you could use Inkscape. Just do a google search and you'll find the site where you can download it. I've used it on windows and it is rather good. There is a Mac version.

Reaction score
Looking for Drawing Software

I'm looking for a drawing package for my new iMac. I just dumped the old PC but I'm having separation issues with Visio. Is there a similar or better package? It doesn't have to be a freebie!

Reaction score
Need Drawing SOftware Suggestions

I'm looking for a drawing package for my new iMac. I just dumped the old PC but I'm having separation issues with Visio. Is there a similar or better package? It doesn't have to be a freebie![/QUOTE]

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Uni. 2.4/4GB/320GB/9600mGT 256MB
probably the closest to ms paint is paintbrush. IT's freeware. Otherwise seashore is great.

Reaction score
If you want to move up, and spend money, "Studio Artist", nothing else like it anywhere. Just FYI...

Reaction score
seashore!

Thank god I found this forum topic. I was crying over missing MSPaint and the other free ware for drawing and painting was crap - totally crashed on me.

Seashore is awesome - easy to draw, rotate, paint, color, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.