downloading files from the internet

Reaction score
Hi

Whenever I download something from the internet it always goes into the download folder. Is there a way where instead of the downloading going to the download folder, I can select where I want the download to go to? I've had my laptop for a month and it's the newest operating system. I don't know the difference in the 10.0 - 10.5.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
In Safari go to the Safari menu, Preferences, General, Save Downloaded Files To:

OP
F
Reaction score
That doesn't solve my problem because instead of it going to the download folder, it is going into a different folder.

What I am trying to do is when I download something, I want it to go to a certain folder each time, instead of going into 1 folder. So is there a way where a pop up can show up where it can ask me where I want to put the file I am about to download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
I don't run Safari, I use Firefox and on its Preferences menu it has the option of "Always ask me where to save files". You might check to see if Safari offers the same option. If not, and it is important to you, you might consider running Firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.